Select Page

Today’s Daily Data – Fri. Dec. 11, 2020

Google My Business is a FREE tool that allows businesses to manage how they appear on Google’s search, Maps, Local Finder, and Pack. It allows local businesses to easily share details about their business and interact with consumers online. Business owners are able to add their business name, location, hours of operation, photos, announcements, and more. GMB also allows users to track various metrics to discover how people are searching for their business and where searches originate from. All that a business owner needs to do is simply sign up, verify their business, and begin optimizing their profile.
  • The average business is found in 1,009 searches per month
  • Out of these 1,009 searches, 157 are direct searches and 852 are discovered through generic category-related searches. 
  • 75% of GMB listing views come from search and the other 25% originates from Google Maps for local businesses
  • A typical business receives 59 actions (web visits, direction requests, calls) from their GMB listing each month
  • 56% of monthly actions are website visits

The top three GMB listings are referred to as the Local 3-Pack. This 3-Pack appears 93% of the time when people perform a local search. In order to start working your way towards these top spots, you have to begin by claiming your GMB listing, filling it out, and then optimizing it for success. Here are some GMB stats: 

  • 64% of consumers use GMB to find contact information for local businesses. Consumers typically want to do the least amount of digging possible, which is why it’s crucial for businesses to include updated contact information on their GMB listing. If your business doesn’t include any contact information, your consumers will have no way of finding you and you’ll most likely miss out on some business.
  • Including photos in your GMB listing may not seem like a necessary step, but including photos of your business can actually make a big difference. Google reports that businesses with photos receive 42% more requests for directions and 35% more click-throughs on their websites than businesses that don’t have photos.
  • 84% of all GMB listing findings occur from discovery searches. A discovery search is basically when a consumer stumbles upon your business while searching. Creating a GMB listing increases your discovery odds by a considerable amount, which is why having a thorough and optimized listing is key.
  • 76% of mobile “near me” searchers visit a related store the same day of their search. “Near me” searches are often used to find local businesses that will be able to service a searcher’s needs. GMB listings pop up right away when a “near me” search is conducted. If your GMB listing isn’t set up and optimized, you’re bound to miss out on a good chunk of local search traffic and business.