Today’s Daily Data – Wed. Dec. 16, 2020
- 61% of marketers use webinars as part of their content marketing strategy.
- 73% of B2B marketers say a webinar is the best way to generate high-quality leads.
- 60% of webinars are designed to move people through the entire customer lifecycle.
- 26% of all webinars are in the software and technology sector.
- B2B companies host the most webinars compared to B2C, non-profit, and government.
Webinars connect, inform, and incite action
- Promotion is half the battle when it comes to using webinars for lead generation. Advertising your webinar on your company website and blog is a free and helpful way to convert your web traffic. 45% of marketers use email in their marketing promotion, which makes it the number one go-to channel.
- 69% of registrations occur the week leading up to the webinar, with 33% of registrations occurring on the day of the webinar. It’s recommended to begin promoting your webinar 4 weeks prior to the event because registrations will steadily flow in those 3-4 weeks prior to the webinar. Ramp up the promotion a week before the webinar by posting promotional content on social and resending email invites.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 11:00 AM are the best times to have a webinar. You can get a lot out of your webinar once it’s over, which is why it’s important to promote your on-demand webinars so that people can view them when it’s most convenient for them. 84% of B2B consumers opt for replays over live webinars.
- It’s important to carefully consider your webinar topic to ensure that your webinar is speaking to the interests of your ideal buyers. This helps to weed out unqualified leads. Studies suggest that 20% to 40% of webinar attendees turn into qualified leads.
For additional webinar stats and a downloadable ebook from GoToMeeting, visit 10 Webinar Benchmarks Every Marketer Should Know