Today’s Daily Data – Mon. Dec. 21, 2020
Interactive content does a better job engaging readers than long chunks of text. It can keep people on a page longer, generate more click-throughs, and provide your brand with valuable customer insights. A few of the most effective forms of interactive content that marketers are using today are polls, quizzes, interactive infographics, interactive videos, etc.
- Interactive content gains two times more engagement than static content
- 88% of marketers agree that interactive marketing is effective in differentiating their brand from their competitors
- 79% of marketers say that combining interactive content with other marketing tactics increases message retention
- 77% of marketers say that interactive content has reusable value, which results in multiple exposures
- Interactive content generate 4-5x more page views than static content
Here are some interactive content facts related to content types:
- 62% of marketers are planning to use or are already using interactive videos in their marketing tactics. There are several examples of interactive video approaches, such as quizzes, hotspot links, and 360-degree videos.
- 85% of marketers are planning to use or are already using interactive infographics as part of their strategy. An interactive infographic uses graphic elements to convey hard data and is paired with interactive elements such as survey questions, quizzes, animations, etc. to encourage readers to engage.
- 71% of customers say that they’d prefer to shop at stores with an AR experience. AR shopping experiences allow customers to visualize how a product will look in their own space, on their person, etc. It helps personalize the online shopping experience.
- 43% of customers prefer interactive video content versus traditional video content because it gives them the ability to decide what information they want to view and when they want to view it.