Today’s Daily Data – Tues. Dec. 22, 2020
User-generated content allows you to put your customers/clients at the forefront while showing off how much people love and appreciate your brand. UGC often allows customers to see what the product or service is like in real life and proves that the brand is authentic and trustworthy.
- Websites with featured user-generated content received a 20% increase in return visitors
- UGC drives a 73% increase in click-through rates
- 93% of consumers believe that UGC is helpful when making purchasing decisions
- Posts created and shared by users generate 28% higher engagement compared to standard company posts
- About half of all consumers claim that UGC is a great method for them to discover new products
REI comes up with Instagram hashtags & asks users to post their pictures with the hashtag.
Pillsbury utilizes contests for online recipes. Once the contest is over, the brand has marketing content to use.
Here are some UGC facts:
- 60% of consumers believe that UGC is the most authentic marketing content. UGC is a form of social truth that reflects a brand’s story and educates potential consumers. In a marketing world that’s full of paid ads and influencers, UGC is refreshing.
- 70% of the time consumers are able to tell the difference between UGC and brand-created content. There is a level of authenticity that isn’t present in brand-created content.
- Ads that feature UGC amassed 73% more positive comments on social networks than traditional brand-created ads. They claimed that the ads are more memorable and unique than traditional ads.
- 84% of millennials claim that UGC on a company’s website has influenced the way they perceive a brand and do online shopping.